Grab an extra hour – Part 7 – nearly there!
Tips for today to avoid procrastination
1. Create specific times to do the work that is completely protected (Breakfast, lunch and tea)
2. Decide what the ingredients are for your tasks and set them out on the table. ( In preparation for eating the frog)
3. Make sure you have all of the tools to do the task- your pens, paper, poly pockets, envelopes- whatever it is (Knife and fork)
4. Tidy your workspace so that you are focussed. Weve all been in the position of writing or doing something really important when we see the thing weve been looking for for weeks and suddenley, we are dealing with that instead!! (Only put the hariest frog on the plate)
Be careful with this part- it is very easy to spend all day getting your space ready. Clear you desk and start. I’ve been known to go and buy some flowers, visit the stationary shop and find photos of the family to put on my desk before starting- if I ever did!
5. Decide how long the task is going to take you and start. (Size up the dimensions of the frog)
6. Work until you are finished. If the job is complex, split it into small sections and do the 1st one. Notice how good you feel and then start the next section. Don’t do anything else until you have completely finished the A1 task (I’m not going to go into how to eat the frog in sections)
“A journey of a thousand leagues begins with a single step”
7. Tell people what you are doing so that they don’t interrupt. (Sometimes people will feel sorry for you and interrupt you to help you. Or they have their own A1 tasks that you might be part of- BE FOCUSSED on what is really important for you! (It’s your frog!)